_____________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________

Friday, May 31, 2013

Homeschool Program

So, after much experimenting, notebook ordering, and researching, I think I may have found a program for Olivia to follow for homeschool.  I am amazed because it is free; a very kind Christian homeschool mom compiled all of the resources while homeschooling her 6 children and she kindly shares it on her website Easy Peasy Homeschool.  I am very excited because the program is mainly focused on learning to read the first two years, but the first grade level (where Olivia will be starting this fall) is highly advanced in its reading assignments.  In my experience, the program is more of a second grade reading level.  However, since I really want Olivia to be able to use this program, I will be working with her reading all summer in an attempt to get her to the level required for first grade.

We had skipped her to first grade this year, but when she began getting frustrated with her reading ability, I pulled back and let her go at her own pace.  Now, she is so much more comfortable reading (it is true that some kids just don't snap right into reading early) and she is doing so good!  She reads well, barely struggles, and is excited for each and every reading assignment!

I am so happy that I was able to find an all inclusive program that is FREE and academically challanging enough to satisfy us as parents! 

No comments:

Post a Comment