_____________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Stick Craftiness!

One day, while at my friends house, I noticed she had a really neat star hanging on her wall that was made with sticks and bound with twine.  I asked her where she got it and it turns out that it was a decoration that was left behind by the previous owners when she bought the house.  So, I decided to look online for how to do it.  I was disappointed however because I couldn't find any step by step instructions on how to do it.

So, Olivia and I decided to just wing it and try to produce something on our own.  After Olivia collected a huge pile of wonderful sticks from outside, our tree seemed happy to shed some for the occasion, and we began the project.

First, we bound the different legs of the stars, then bound them together at each end piece.  After looking at our results, we were very satisfied.  However, Olivia wasn't quite satisfied yet, so after a few more minutes, we produced another small star made from one stick for each leg.

Here are our results:


The big one turned out kind of fatter than I'd liked, but they are both pretty good for our first try!  I would say that on the difficulty level, it was pretty easy, however it was not the most fun project to complete.  Parts were a bit frustrating, but that comes with the territory when you have no idea what you are doing!!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment