Yesterday we paid a wonderful visit to our home-school neighbors out back. The Caldwells, along with their six children, live out behind our house past our field. I got to chat with Amy while Olivia and Maddox caught up with the kids since we haven't seen them all winter! I couldn't believe how big there newest daughter Ina has gotten! She will be six months old very soon and I hadn't seen her since she was three weeks old!
The kids got to play in and outside while us Mommys talked about school, and other things about our family life. It is wonderful to come together with other homeschooling families and talk about our studies and routines. I love how much we have in common with them, despite the difference in the number of children!
Olivia thoroughly enjoys playing with Grady, Paige, Nora (who is only 3 weeks older than Olivia), Marin, Elias, and cooing at Ina who is such a happy and easy baby. Maddox was able to open up and play with the kids too....it took a few minutes to loose his shyness, but a big bowl of popcorn to share helped remedy that!
Amy told me about the food co-op that she orders from and showed me the catalog she orders from. I think when she orders next, we might slide in some items to try out for ourselves! Spices at 3-4 dollars per pound is an amazing buy!
It was a wonderful visit, one that I hope we will get to duplicate very soon! =)
Now I suppose I will scoot off since as I am writing this, my son has stripped himself naked and is running around the house! LOL Ta-Ta!
No comments:
Post a Comment